This journal follows guidelines from Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) https://publicationethics.org/files/u2/New_Code.pdf and the International Committee for Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) http://www.icmje.org/ in facing all aspects of publication ethics and, how to handle cases of research and publication misconduct.
Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat Kesehatan adapts COPE to meet a high-quality standard of ethics for publisher, editors, authors, and reviewers. As an essential issue, publication ethics needs to be explained clearly to improve the quality of the research worldwide. In this part, we explain the standard for editors, authors, and reviewers.
- Editors should be responsible for every article published in Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat Kesehatan.
- Editors should help authors to follow the instruction for the author that we adopt from ICMJE.
- The editors may communicate with other editors or reviewers in making the final decision.
- An editor has to evaluate the manuscript objectively for publication, judging each on its quality without looking to nationality, ethnicity, political beliefs, race, religion, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the authors. He/she should decline his/her assignment when there is a potential for conflict of interest.
- Editors need to ensure the document sent to the reviewer does not contain the information of the author.
- Editors and all staffs should guarantee the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- Reviewers need to comment on ethical questions and possible research and publication misconduct.
- Reviewers will do the work in timely manner and should notify editor if they cannot complete the work.
- Reviewers need to keep the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- Reviewers should not accept to review the manuscripts in which there is a potential conflict of interest between them and any of the authors.
- Author(s) affirm that the material has not been previously published and that they have not transferred elsewhere any rights to the article.
- Author(s) should ensure the originality of the work and they have properly cited others’ work in accordance of the references format.
- Author(s) should not engage in plagiarism nor self-plagiarism.
- The author(s) cannot submit the same manuscript in the other journal while submitting in tghis journal
- Author(s) should ensure that they follow the authorship criteria that are taken from ICMJE that is explained in instruction for the
- Author(s) should give the editor the data and details of the work if there are suspicions of data falsification or fabrication.
- Authors of the journal should clarify everything that may cause a conflict of interests such as work, research expenses, consultant expenses, and intellectual property on the document of ICMJE form disclosure.